MINIMALLY INVASIVE PROCEDURES
- JUVÉDERM® FAMILY OF FACIAL FILLERS
- JUVEDERM® XC
There are two different types of wrinkles:
• Dynamic wrinkles are caused when muscles contract to make facial expressions such as smiles and frowns.
• Static wrinkles develop because our skin’s natural substances (such as collagen and hyaluronic acid), which provide structure and volume, decrease over time.
BOTOX® Cosmetic and JUVÉDERM® FILLERS are two possible ways to treat moderate to severe facial lines and wrinkles. Both are non-surgical, but they work differently:
• BOTOX® Cosmetic: Injected beneath the skin’s surface to target the underlying muscle activity which is one of the causes of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and crow’s feet. BOTOX® Cosmetic temporarily reduces the activity of those muscles.
• JUVÉDERM® FILLERS: Injected into the skin to temporarily smooth moderate to severe wrinkles such as those around the nose and mouth. It is also used to give lift to the cheeks and volume to the lips.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the only approved treatment to temporarily improve the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and crow’s feet lines in adults. BOTOX® Cosmetic is the #1 selling product of its kind in the world.
BOTOX Cosmetic is the most popular way to reduce or temporarily eliminate the appearance of facial wrinkles. It is injected under the skin into areas surrounding the eyes, forehead and mouth to smooth crow’s feet, frown and worry lines. Made from a purified protein, BOTOX® relaxes muscles and gives the face a rejuvenated look.
BOTOX® Cosmetic targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines and crow’s feet—the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years.
Dr. Torres-Popp will inject these muscles with BOTOX® Cosmetic to temporarily reduce muscle activity. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of your crow’s feet lines and frown lines between your brows.
BOTOX® can be combined with other cosmetic skin procedures such as chemical peels, dermal fillers or microdermabrasion to further improve your results. This combination of therapies can even help to minimize the formation of new lines and wrinkles.
Read: IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION for BOTOX®
The actual injection process takes about 10-15 minutes.
Dr. Torres-Popp will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment areas for you.
She will use ice to numb the treatment area. This will provide comfort and minimize bruising which is rare.
You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to 4 months.
Your cost not only includes the price of the product, but more importantly, the skill and expertise of Dr. Torres-Popp who is administering your treatment.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatment—Dr. Torres-Popp has years of experience treating patients with BOTOX® Cosmetic.
Be wary of discount products or “cheap” BOTOX® Cosmetic—if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
It is more important to find an experienced provider who will take the time to understand your treatment goals and develop a treatment plan that is right for you.
JUVÉDERM® FAMILY OF FACIAL FILLERS
JUVÉDERM® is the #1 selling collection of hyaluronic acid fillers in the US. Each product in the JUVÉDERM® collection of fillers adds volume to a different area of the face – without surgery. All JUVÉDERM® fillers are a smooth, crystal-clear gel that are administered by injection by Dr. Torres-Popp.
The JUVÉDERM® collection of fillers is made from hyaluronic acid (HA). HA is a natural substance in the skin that delivers nutrients, helps the skin retain moisture and softness, and adds volume. Each product in the JUVÉDERM® collection of fillers is made from a modified form of HA.
Over time, your face changes in many ways. This is part of the normal aging process, but genetics and environmental factors also play a role.
You may notice a change in the appearance of your skin, typically in the form of deepening parentheses lines and wrinkles.
But what may be less obvious is age-related mid-face volume loss.
Your cheeks may flatten, and the skin may begin to sag.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is used to add volume to lift and contour the cheeks.
Parentheses lines are static lines that appear when your face is at rest. This happens over time as your skin loses some of the building blocks (hyaluronic acid and collagen) that give the skin its structure.
JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC injectable gels instantly smooth moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth.
Yes, over time, your lips may lose volume and thin. However, many people seek out lip augmentation because they naturally have thin lips and simply desire more fullness. JUVÉDERM® XC and/or JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC are nonsurgical products to add fullness to thinning lips.
Different formulations are approved to either lift cheeks, smooth parentheses lines, smooth vertical lip lines or plump the lips. The results are subtle and long lasting.
JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC softens moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles by adding subtle volume around the nose and mouth in adults over the age of 21.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC adds volume to the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC adds subtle volume to lips and softens the appearance of vertical lip lines.
JUVÉDERM® XC smooths moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC adds fullness and plumps lips as well as soothes and corrects moderate to
severe parentheses lines in adults.
Dr. Torres-Popp will take your medical history and provide a facial analysis. Be prepared to discuss your aesthetic areas of concern. This is not a surgical treatment. Actual treatment with JUVÉDERM® injectable gels can take 15 minutes to 60 minutes, depending on which area and how many areas of your face are being treated. At times Botox can also be administered.
JUVÉDERM® injectable gels labeled with “XC” contain pain-reducing lidocaine to help manage pain or discomfort during the injection. Dr. Torres-Popp will use a topical anesthetic (numbing cream) to help further minimize discomfort.
Because JUVÉDERM® XC treatment is non-surgical, you may return to your normal activities 24 hours after treatment.
During that time of healing, it is also recommended to avoid strenuous exercise and extended exposure to the sun and heat.
Please review “pre and post treatment instructions” under the “Patient Resources” tab.
The cost not only includes the price of the product, but more importantly, the skill and expertise of the specialist who is administering your treatment. Look for someone who is licensed and trained and has experience treating patients with the JUVÉDERM® Collection. Be wary of discount products or “cheap” JUVÉDERM® Collection treatments —if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
It is more important to find an experienced specialist who will take the time to understand your treatment goals and develop a treatment plan that is right for you.
You will see results immediately/instantly.
Results may last one year to two years, with optimal correction and depending on the JUVÉDERM® product used. Therefore, touch-up injections, as well as repeat injections, are usually needed to maintain optimal results. Less material is usually needed for repeat injections.
The JUVÉDERM® XC collection of fillers are different products approved to treat different areas of the face. These products can be administered at the same treatment session. Talk to Dr. Torres-Popp to determine the treatment plan that’s right for you.
Enroll in the Brilliant Distinctions® Rewards Program to save money on treatments with the JUVÉDERM® Collection. You earn points on each JUVÉDERM® treatment that you can redeem for savings on future treatments. You can also earn and redeem points on other selected treatments that your specialist may determine are right for you.
In addition, you can also earn points when you shop online at your favorite retailers participating in the Brilliant Distinctions® Mall. As a member you will receive treatment reminders and information about your points balance.
Do not receive JUVÉDERM® injectable gel fillers if you have a history of severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the proteins (Gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make hyaluronic acid (HA) in JUVÉDERM® injectable gel fillers.
Read: IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION for JUVÉDERM® COLLECTION OF FILLERS
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients under 35 years or over 65 years, the safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels in patients under 18 years, and the safety of JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC in patients under 22 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in areas other than the cheek area, JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC for areas other than facial wrinkles and folds, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC in areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg. hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with this product may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
The most commonly reported side effects with JUVÉDERM® injectable gels included injection-site redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching.
For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, dryness was also reported.
For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, most side effects were moderate and lasted 2 to 4 weeks.
For JUVÉDERM® XC, JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 14 days or less.
For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 30 days or less.
One of the risks with using these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.